This website is owned and operated by The Key Support Services Limited (trading as ‘The Key’)
, referred to as ‘The Key
’ or ‘we
’ or ‘our
’ throughout these terms and conditions of use (the ’Terms
’). The Key Support Services Limited (trading as ‘The Key’) is a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company number 08268303, whose registered office is at 21 Southampton Row, London WC1B 5HA.
These Terms govern the content of and relate to your use of the website insights.thekeysupport.com (the ‘Site
(a) The Key’s and Third Parties’ Intellectual Property
For the purposes of these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property’ or ‘IP’ means copyright (including, but not limited to, such rights in computer software and databases), database rights and moral rights, patents, registered and unregistered trade marks and service marks, domain names, registered designs and design rights (in each case for the full period thereof and extensions, revivals and renewals thereof), applications for any of the foregoing and the right to apply for any of the foregoing anywhere in the world, and all similar rights anywhere in the world including, but not limited to those subsisting in inventions, designs, drawings and computer programs.
The content and material on this Site is protected by copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights. ‘The Key’ as a word and logo is an unregistered trade mark licensed to The Key Support Services Limited (‘The Key’s Trade Marks
’). The Site includes or links to content and materials protected by IP owned by The Key or licensed to us by the Department for Education (‘DfE’) (‘The Key’s Content
’). The Site also includes or links to content and materials protected by IP owned by third parties (‘Third Party Content
’). The Site, The Key’s Trade Marks, The Key’s Content and all IP that protects it is owned by and shall remain owned by The Key, DfE or their licensors (as applicable). Third Party Content and all IP that protects it is owned by and shall remain owned by that third party.
(b) Your Rights to use the Site
Readers of this site are free to view, download and reproduce free of charge The Key’s Content in any format or media without specific permission from us subject to the following conditions:
- The Key’s Content may only be used for your personal and non-commercial purposes, save that you are permitted to the extent necessary to use such material for professional educational purposes and to share such material with your work colleagues;
- The Key’s Content shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium, save that you are permitted to the extent necessary to reproduce or include such material in professional presentations to work colleagues and/or senior management and/or in relation to any other professional educational purposes;
- The Key’s Content may not be modified or altered in any way, save that you are permitted to the extent necessary to modify or alter such material for use in professional presentations to work colleagues and/or senior management and/or in relation to any other professional educational purposes;
- The Key’s Content may not be shared with or sold to any third party and/or otherwise be distributed, issued or communicated to the public;
- You may circulate copies of any of The Key’s Content within your organisation provided that the source and copyright status of the Key’s Content is acknowledged with the following copyright legend: “Used with the kind permission of the copyright owner being The Key Support Services Limited trading as ‘The Key’) or its licensor”;
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in The Key’s Content; and
- You must not use any of The Key’s Content in a derogatory manner, a misleading context or in any way which is illegal.
(c) Third Party Content
The permission to use The Key’s Content as set out above does not extend to your use of any Third Party Content included or referred to on this Site or linked to from this Site. Prior written authorisation to reproduce, adapt, edit, communicate to the public, issue copies to the public or otherwise exploit any such Third Party Content must be obtained by you from the relevant third party IP holder.
Please note that any materials on third party websites or microsites linked to this Site will be subject to third party IP Rights. No licence is granted by us to use, reproduce, adapt, edit, communicate to the public, issue copies to the public or otherwise exploit such material and any such use may be subject to additional third party terms and conditions.
(d) Third Party Content Policy
If this Site publishes references or links to your material on this Site without your specific permission and you object to this use, please contact us. Please provide us with the following information and we will handle your concern accordingly (a) who you are and, if applicable, who you represent; (b) how we may contact you; (c) the exact and full URL where you found references or links to your material which is the subject of your concern; (d) proof that you are the rights holder; and (e) an explanation as to why the references or links to your material should not be published on our Site.
If you are commissioned by The Key to create and provide for the Site any content or material, any such commissioned content or material shall be subject to separate terms and conditions which deal specifically with commissioned contributions.
Save as set out above, if you submit any content or material or agree to provide any content or material to the Site by agreeing to these Terms you grant to The Key, free of charge, a non-exclusive, worldwide licence to publicly perform, copy, reproduce, display, communicate to the public, modify, manage, distribute and store such content and material. You are free to use such materials outside of the Site in any way you choose and in turn we shall not distribute or use any of the material contributed by you other than in connection with this Site.
If you submit any content or material or agree to provide any content or material to the Site you hereby warrant to us that the content and material: (a) is original to yourself (or otherwise that you have all necessary rights and permissions to submit the material for use on the site); (b) is not (and does not contain anything) unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, harmful, fraudulent, confidential, libellous, hateful, discriminatory, threatening or otherwise illegal or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence or promote violence; and (c) does not contain anything which is in violation or an infringement of any existing copyright or licence or of any other right of any other person or party whatsoever.
Any advice or opinions or statements made or given in any Third Party Content are those of such third party and not The Key. Third Party Content is not approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by The Key and The Key accepts no responsibility for its contents.
All other conditions, statements and warranties (including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of the fitness for a particular purpose of the Site, The Key’s material or third party material or that your use of such will not infringe the rights of any third party) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. Without limiting the foregoing, The Key gives no warranty that the Site and/or any materials and information provided through it will meet your requirements.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, you agree that The Key shall not be liable for: (a) any direct loss, claim or damage; (b) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any incidental or consequential damages of any kind; or (c) any loss of profit or loss of savings or loss or corruption of data (in each case whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (i) any use of this Site, The Key’s Content or Third Party Content; (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Site or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Site or the services irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; or (iii) any use of or reliance upon any information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Site (including without limitation The Key’s Content and Third Party Content), in all cases even if The Key has been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Site contains links to websites and microsites operated by third parties that are not under our control. The Key makes no warranties or representations whatsoever about any other websites, microsites or any other material which you may access via a link from this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, these sites and third party materials are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by us and you agree that The Key shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any third party materials, information, data, advice or statements or for the quality of any other products or services available on such sites. Any use of third party materials and/or third party websites or microsites is at your own risk. In addition, use of any third party materials or third party websites or microsites may be subject to your acceptance of additional terms and conditions.
We welcome comments on our posts.
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Be respectful of others who use this site
- Stay on topic
- Keep comments concise
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- Do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- Please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- Do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- Do not attempt to promote or endorse any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before commenting. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are moderated to check they comply with the participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they may not be published or they may later be removed.